Tuesday, September 17, 2013

T25: Week One


Just finished my first week of Shaun T's new fitness program Focus T25.  This program is CRAZY in the sense that every workout is only 25 minutes long (or minutes short..) The workouts are designed in seamless progressions to raise the heart rate and reach a high intensity in that short amount of time.

I LOVE Shaun T's Insanity, but sometimes a 45-60 minute workout is too much after teaching a fitness class or two. T25 is perfect for me because I can still get MY workout in while avoiding burnout, but this program would be excellent for anyone with a busy schedule!






The program is divided into 2 halves Alpha and Beta.  I've completed each Alpha workout at least once now.  They include Cardio, Speed 1.0, Total Body Circuit, Ab Intervals, Lower Focus, and Stretch. 25 minutes each! Here are some pictures and data from the workouts =]

SPEED 1.0

TOTAL BODY CIRCUIT

AB INTERVALS

DOUBLE DAY FRIDAY: CARDIO and LOWER FOCUS

1: Cardio 2: Lower Focus 3: Cool Down

  




sweaty closeup!

aaaaand TIME! Look closely and you can see my photographer in the reflection =]


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow -- I love how your Garmin shows you the graphs! I have been doing T25, but I didn't follow the calendar which is not like me. What type of classes do you teach? Are you also a coach or instructor-only? Just curious -- I have thought about doing both but not sure I could instruct a whole class lol! Id be a nervous wreck lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm kind of a nerd so I love having the data haha.. Just recently became a coach, but have been teaching group fitness for almost two years now! I taught on campus in college and now at the Wellness Center I work at. I teach Insanity, aerobic dance. aqua dance, and spin currently. My best advice would be to find someone to mentor under.. teaching only parts at a time, and pick a Certification program (I have ACE) to study for. thanks for the comment =] =]

      Delete