Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sweet Potato and Beet Hash



I'm all about finding new healthy dishes to make.  I pay attention to ones that use ingredients that I usually already have in the kitchen.  This one I saw made on the Food Network uses one of my favorite foods, sweet potatoes.   By the time I got around to making it, I didn't have all the exact ingredients to I decided to modify a bit.  The dish ended up making 8 cups at only 85 calories each!

2 Sweet Potatoes 225 kcal
3 Beets- 120 kcal
2 T Olive Oil- 240 kcal
1 Large Red Onion- 60 kcal
20 Turkey Pepperonis- 40 kcal
Salt and Pepper

total: 685
8 cups at 85 kcal each


Preheat oven 400°F. Chop off ends and skin the beets. I left the skin on the sweet potatoes this time. Microwave the sweet potatoes for a few minutes to make them easier to cut through.  Chop the beets and sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch pieces.  Pour into large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and spread mixture evenly.  Put in oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until veggies are soft.

Meanwhile, dice red pepper and cook in nonstick or sprayed skillet on low heat. Tear pepperonis into 1/4s and add to onions stirring occasionally.



Add onion and pepperoni to the veggie mixture and mix together.  Put back in oven for another 5-10 minutes. Remove and serve, simple as that!



I had 2 cups with raspberry tea Crystal Light.


No comments:

Post a Comment